Syndicated with permission of LifeNews.com
Pro-life advocates filmed a student being arrested recently at the University of North Carolina after she allegedly stole one of their signs.
Created Equal, which caught the incident on film, said their team was doing pro-life outreach at the Chapel Hill university when a pro-abortion student ripped a sign out of their hands and then walked away with it.
The video shows Austin Beigel, a member of Created Equal’s outreach team, telling the young woman not to take their sign and then calling police. Beigel is the same pro-life advocate who was punched in the face by another female student April 2 at the university, the group said.
In the new video, a police officer approaches the young woman and asks if she stole the sign. The young woman replies, “I just moved it.” Beigel tells the police officer that she ripped the sign out of his hands. When the officer asks why, the young woman replies, “Because this restricts women’s rights.”
The young woman also apparently was bending or standing on the sign, because the officer asks her to get off it before she damages Beigel’s property.
The video ends with the officer placing the young woman in handcuffs and leading her away. The student clearly is shocked by the arrest. She says, “I was going to give it back to him,” and “Is there something else I can do?”
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ
Mark Harrington, president of Created Equal, said the incident is another example of how the pro-abortion left has infiltrated the university.
“Students being groomed on college campuses to be leaders, writers, and thinkers of the Left are increasing in censorship and violence against those with whom they disagree,” Harrington said. “Their surprise when held accountable indicates college campuses have become safe spaces for pro-abortion violence. Students at UNC and campuses like it are in dire need of remedial First Amendment training.”
Earlier this month, Fox News reported police also arrested Jillian Ward, 19, an abortion activist and aspiring journalist at the university, for allegedly punching Beigel repeatedly in the face. Created Equal caught that incident on film as well.
Beigel asked people to pray for her in a post on Facebook.
“I hope you pray for the heart of the young woman who attacked me, because ‘There but by the grace of God go I,’” he wrote.
LifeNews and other pro-life groups have witnessed an alarming uptick in incidents against pro-lifers. This spring, there were at least three additional physical assaults on pro-life advocates in Kentucky, Alabama and California. The Kentucky incident left a sidewalk counselor with a broken leg that required surgery and rehabilitation.
A Pennsylvania state representative also is facing national outrage after he posted videos of himself bullying pro-life women and teenage girls in his district in Philadelphia.
And, according to Students for Life of America, pro-life student clubs were victims of more than 50 acts of vandalism this school year.
Here is the list of reports:
- Alabama — Abortion Activist Caught on Camera Assaulting Pro-Life Woman, Punches Her Repeatedly
- California – Video: Student Destroys Pro-Life Display on Campus (Students for Life)
- Washington state – Police Investigating Arson after Pro-Life Display Set on Fire on Campus
- North Carolina – Video: Student Charged after Punching Pro-Lifer Repeatedly in the Face
- Pennsylvania – State Lawmaker Berates Pro-Life Woman, Attempts to Doxx Pro-Life Teenage Girls
- California – FBI Arrests Man for Allegedly “Serious” Death Threats against Pro-Life Speaker Ben Shapiro, Family (TMZ)
- Alabama – Abortion Activist Throws Paint inside Alabama House as Lawmakers Vote to Ban Abortion
- Texas – University of Texas Austin Student Pro-Life Materials Stolen, Thrown in the Gutter (Students for Life)
- More Than 50 Pro-Life Student Displays Vandalized This School Year (Students for Life)
- Texas – Abortion Activists Try to Shut Down Pro-Life Speaker With Smokebomb. They Failed
- Washington state – Conservative Student: Man Vandalized Display, Tried to Hit Her With Car Twice (The College Fix)
- Kentucky – Elderly Pro-Life Woman Attacked Outside Abortion Facility, Thighbone Broken
- Illinois – Thief Steals Pro-Life Students’ Display at Southern Illinois University- Edwardsville (Students for Life)
- Texas – Two Pro-Life Republican Lawmakers Under Police Protection After Threats (Dallas News)
- Missouri – Pro-life Speaker Michael Knowles attacked during speech at University of Missouri-Kansas City (Campus Reform)
- California – Pro-Abortion Students Throw Pro-Life Display Into River, Protest Pro-Life Speech With Coat Hangers
- California – WATCH: Planned Parenthood Supporter Brutally Assaults Elderly Pro-Life Volunteer
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Citizens for Life Receives Suspicious Package, Building Shut Down
- Michigan – Video: Abortion Activists Steal Crosses from Pro-Life Display at University of Michigan
- Massachusetts – Pro-lifer Punched in Face Outside Abortion Facility
- Connecticut – Pro-Life Students’ Display Vandalized at University of Connecticut
- Minnesota – Campus Republican Club Catches Students on Video Tearing Down Pro-Life Fliers ( College Fix)
- Australia – Video: Pro-Abortion Students Vandalize Pro-Life Campus Display (LifeChoice Australia)
- England – Police Investigate Violent Attacks on Pro-Life People at Prayer Vigils
- Ohio – Abortion Activists Harass Pro-Life Rape Survivor, Police Called
- California – Abortion Activists Destroy, Steal UCLA Pro-Life Club Signs (Live Action)
- Virginia – Pregnancy Center Vandalized in Politically Motivated Attack
- Washington, D.C. – Abortion Activists Smash Pro-Life Sign, Hit Boy and His Dad With a Stick
- Texas – Pro-Life Advocate Brutally Assaulted for Telling Man “Jesus Loves You”